RNA specialises in the conservation of paper, parchment and leather objects. We offer bespoke treatments and consultation for museums, libraries, archives, as well as private clients and antique book dealers. RNA is known for its high level of skill and passion for historical objects. Our expertises include bookbindings, art on paper, historic interiors and furniture of leather and parchment, and historical models of papier-mâché. In addition to practical conservation services, we offer damage and condition assessments of collections, insurance documentation and historical research.
Elizabet Nijhoff Asser
Herre de Vries
Please contact us to learn more about our conservation services.
RNA – restauratie nijhoff asser
Elizabet Nijhoff Asser, Herre de Vries
1072 AM Amsterdam
+31 (0)20 627 5907
info [at] restauratie-na.nl
BTW nr. NL 857456970B01
RNA is member of several professional organisations to stay in touch with the latest developments in the field.
RN: Restauratoren Nederland (NL)
IADA: International Association of Book and Paper Conservators (DE)
ICON: The Institute of Conservation (UK)
ICOM: International Council of Museums (International)
AIC: American Institute of Conservation (USA)
RNA cooperates with the following companies:
– Mooie Boeken: Facsimile and handbookbindings, Pau Groenendijk, Ilpendam
– Amsterdamse Meubelmakers: gold leather, Godfried Brands, Overveen
– Lunsingh meubelstoffering en restauratie: historical upholstering, Leiden
– Hoogduin papierrestauratoren: Large scale paper conservation, Delft
– Preservation Technologies, Large scale Alkalisation and Neutralisation with Bookkeeper
– Schrijen Boekbinders: Acid free bespoke boxes, Pyxis
– Studio Kadra: Phase boxes
– Rijksdienst voor het Cultureel Erfgoed (RCE): Archeological and technical art research
– Practice-in-Conservation: Iron gall ink conservation
RNA frequently offers internship positions of two months or more to offer new conservators a strong start with their career. Interns are usually students of master programmes in book and paper conservation from national and international institutions, such as Universiteit van Amsterdam (NL), West Dean College (UK), Technische Hochschule Köln (DE), en Institution National de Patrimoine (Fr). The length, period, and contents of the internship is tailored to the student in consultation.
Please apply for an internship by sending your portfolio and CV to email@example.com